UX/UI designer - Eurail - Utrecht
Translate business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting in visually attractive, efficient and intuitive user experience. You will work along with our design team and take full ownership of the design process by shaping an exceptional experience for our customers. You will be sharing your responsibility for our UX/ UI Design, Mobile Application Design, Mobile UI Interaction of all our front-end applications.
Eurail offers you the best of both worlds. We offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up, combined with the professionality and resources of an established company.
We sell Interrail or Eurail passes that enable our travellers to enjoy Europe’s rail network in 31 countries. We have enabled millions of travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe, and we constantly work to improve our product and brand proposition for our international customers. We create connections that leave lasting impressions!
With our multicultural and passionate team, we believe that creative thinking and diversity helps to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique experience for our customers, and one that they will want to repeat.
Job description and Role
Main responsibilities and tasks
· You bring concepts to life with the appropriate design
· You contribute to high-level strategic design decisions and roadmap planning
· You collect qualitative- and quantitative data and insights to make design decisions, share your learnings with the rest of the team
· A plus will be if you have experience performing user research and usability testing with users.
· Take a data led approach to improve and iterate your design variations in order to create a seamless customer experience.
· Track and evaluate KPIs of all changes and improvements
· Will work on multiple challenging agile projects simultaneously in which your contribution is key to success.
· Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
· Improve our web- interface components in the area of motion, micro interactions, UI animation etc. Knowledge about proven motion/ micro-interaction conventions for mobile interface.
· Basic Front end development and coding skills is a plus in order to communicate better during handoffs with developers
Boxes to tick
You are the (job) we are looking for if you have the following characteristics:
· Preferred 4 years+ experience of designing products and services for responsive web design. Your portfolio is more important
· Strong analytical skills to identify and scope opportunities.
· Experience working cross-functionally in a dynamic and interdependent environment.
· Experience using tools such as, InVision, Abstract, Principle/After effects is a plus
· Sketch or other design software experience is a must
· Demonstrated experience building UX/UI deliverables such as wireframes, design mock-ups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
· Highly organised and self-motivated.
· Can take a mobile first design approach.
· Entrepreneurial, fearless and has a sense of humour.
Why work for Eurail?
· Enthusiastic. We are passionate about the product, the job, the company, train travel and the Internet.
· Helpful. We are helpful towards customers, the Eurail Group, the railways and each other.
· Knowledgeable. We strive to be experts about the train products and e-commerce.
· Dedicated. We work hard and are committed to represent the brands responsibly, in all levels of our organisation.
· Proactive. We are full of energy to act on the fast changes in the world surrounding us.
Other important values
· Result orientation
· Communication skills
A glimpse of life at Eurail
Excited to start your application? Here are a few things to help you get going:
- Have a read of our application tips to give your resume a boost
- Hear what our employees have to say about life here at Eurail
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to email@example.com, we will respond to you as soon as possible.