UX/UI designer - Eurail - Utrecht
Translate business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting in visually attractive, efficient and intuitive user experience. You will work along with our design team and take full ownership of the design process by shaping an exceptional experience for our customers. You will be sharing your responsibility for our UX/ UI Design, Mobile Application Design, Mobile UI Interaction of all our front-end applications.
We are curious and innovative with a passion for travel. Our purpose is to create connections that leave lasting impressions, enabling travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe.
We love passionate people with a global outlook who share our company values, and who seeking out new ways of growing. We pride ourselves on our diversity, with colleagues from 34 countries, each bringing a fresh perspective.
We put our customers at the heart of all that we do, constantly innovating to improve our products and utilising technology to create a unique experience.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- You bring concepts to life with the appropriate design.
- You contribute to high-level strategic design decisions and roadmap planning.
- You collect qualitative- and quantitative data and insights to make design decisions, share your learnings with the rest of the team.
- A plus will be if you have experience performing user research and usability testing with users.
- Take a data led approach to improve and iterate your design variations in order to create a seamless customer experience.
- Track and evaluate KPIs of all changes and improvements.
- Will work on multiple challenging agile projects simultaneously in which your contribution is key to success.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Improve our web- interface components in the area of motion, micro interactions, UI animation etc. Knowledge about proven motion/ micro-interaction conventions for mobile interface.
- Basic Front end development and coding skills is a plus in order to communicate better during handoffs with developers.
Boxes to tick
You are the (job) we are looking for if you have the following characteristics:
- Preferred 4 years+ experience of designing products and services for responsive web design. Your portfolio is more important.
- Strong analytical skills to identify and scope opportunities.
- Experience working cross-functionally in a dynamic and interdependent environment.
- Experience using tools such as, InVision, Abstract, Principle/After effects is a plus.
- Sketch or other design software experience is a must.
- Demonstrated experience building UX/UI deliverables such as wireframes, design mock-ups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Can take a mobile first design approach.
- Entrepreneurial, fearless and has a sense of humour.
- Eagerness to embrace and embody our values: forward-thinking, results-driven, caring and diversity
Why join our team?
- A growing, diverse and informal organisation;
- An international working environment;
- You will work in a positive environment with helpful colleagues;
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working hours;
- Attractive salary and benefits;
- An annual training budget to be used for your own personal development;
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company.
Your development is important to us
Personal development is very important to us. For that reason, we invest in all our employees. With your very own education budget you can develop your personal and professional experience. You can follow a training course over a short or longer period, with a coach for instance, but also attend conferences. We encourage you to think beyond your own position. As an employee of Eurail, you will take part in cross functional team projects.
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond to you as soon as possible.