We are looking for an experienced iOS developer to assist us with the implementation and maintenance of our app. As a developer at Eurail you will join our young development team, where you can make a difference by improving our codebase, processes and of course the team itself.
We are curious and innovative with a passion for travel. Our purpose is to create connections that leave lasting impressions, enabling travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe.
We love passionate people with a global outlook who share our company values, and who seeking out new ways of growing. We pride ourselves on our diversity, with colleagues from 33 countries, each bringing a fresh perspective.
We put our customers at the heart of all that we do, constantly innovating to improve our products and utilising technology to create a unique experience.
The Eurail Rail Planner app aims to be the preferred travel companion for train travel in Europe. We support our travellers with inspiration and in planning their best trip, making travel easier and collecting and sharing memories along the way. As an iOS developer, your challenge is to provide a frictionless iOS customer experience in a complex global environment, with more than 30 railway carriers for timetables and tickets, benefit partners and multiple languages.
In the cross-functional app team, we depend on your assessment of our ideas and you’ll have responsibility to build the next big things; the mobile Pass, and geolocation and trip-planning based recommendations.
Job description and Role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop new features for the Eurail Rail Planner iOS app
- Work across disciplines with designers, content creators, product owner and test engineers.
- Active participation in planning and design decisions
Boxes to tick
You are the iOS developer we are looking for if you have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive experience with native iOS development in Swift and using Storyboards
- Experience with iOS libraries and frameworks (Alamofire, Firebase)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and mobile design principles
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies related to iOS development and features
- Experience with Version Control systems and CI/CD (GitHub / GitLab / Bitbucket / etc.)
- Experience with the Scrum Agile way of working
- Strong communication skills
- You have an EU passport or a permit to work in the Netherlands.
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond to you as soon as possible.