HBO IT Intern
Are you an IT student with a passion for travel? Are you ready to take on the responsibility for IT security, user management and supporting your colleagues? Read on! As our HBO IT Intern you will contribute to the success of Eurail by improving the user management process, researching and implementing SSO and giving IT support to our colleagues at the office in Utrecht.
Eurail offers you the best of both worlds. We offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up, combined with the professionality and resources of an established company. We sell Interrail or Eurail passes that enable our travellers to enjoy Europe’s rail network in 31 countries. We have enabled millions of travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe, and we constantly work to improve our product and brand proposition for our international customers. We create connections that leave lasting impressions!
With our multicultural and passionate team, we believe that creative thinking and diversity helps to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique experience for our customers, and one that they will want to repeat.
Job description and Role
For IT role: We are an e-commerce company and have many IT systems. Your main playground will consist of an AWS environment (elastic compute cloud and lambda’s) with Adobe Experience Manager as the CMS and Commercetools as the e-commerce engine. Next to that the IT landscape consists of payment, paper and ePass fulfilment, translation engines, DWH and BI tooling, marketing automation tooling, seat reservations middleware, authentication and marketing tooling. Besides the purchasing part we have a travel app which our customer uses during their Interrail of Eurail train trip. Our objective is to have a fully micro-service based infrastructure.
As our HBO IT Trainee you will improve the user management process and help the IT team with IT support. You will achieve these goals through the following activities:
- Research the user management process;
- Implementing SSO;
- First and second line support
Boxes to tick
You are the (job) we are looking for if you have the following characteristics:
- Experience of user management;
- Knowledge of SAML/LDAP connections;
- You have excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English;
- With your positive energy, ideas and output, you will improve your technical skills;
- You feel at home in an online environment, working in a multi-cultural environment;
- You are passionate about travel.
Why work for Eurail?
- A growing, diverse and informal organisation;
- An international working environment;
- You will work in a very positive environment with helpful colleagues;
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working hours;
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company.
A glimpse of life at Eurail
Excited to start your application? Here are a few things to help you get going:
- Have a read of our application tips to give your resume a boost
- Hear what our employees have to say about life here at Eurail
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to email@example.com, we will respond to you as soon as possible.