Front- End Developer
Are you a skilled Front-End Developer with a passion for travel, coding, and teamwork? Do you specialise in UX and like to take software quality to another level? Read on! As a developer at Eurail, you will join our young development team, where you can make a difference by improving our codebase, processes, and of course the team itself.
We are curious and innovative with a passion for travel. Our purpose is to create connections that leave lasting impressions, enabling travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe. We love passionate people with a global outlook who share our company values, and who enjoy seeking out new ways of growing. We pride ourselves on our diversity, with colleagues from 33 countries, each bringing a fresh perspective. We put our customers at the heart of all that we do, constantly innovating to improve our products and utilising technology to create a unique experience.
What can you expect?
Being a developer at Eurail means being up for a challenge. You will be part of a young and dynamic team where your experience, skills and ideas are a key part of our success. Some of your responsibilities will include writing optimal code (with a focus on quality; performance, reliability, readability, scalability, among others), reviewing colleagues’ code and helping us improve the development culture.
We are flat-structured in agile cross-disciplined teams (which can include content writers, UX/UI designers, Front/Back-End developers, product owners, scrum masters, data analysts and other specialities) therefore it’s very important that you enjoy collaborating with others. You will also be part of our Front-End guild, where we discuss how to improve our product technicalities, share technical knowledge between each other and ensure everyone is aligned and happy with how everything’s done.
What we would like to see
- You enjoy what you do
- You are aware or skilled about some of the latest Front-End features (CSS3+, ES6+, Web Components...)
- You have some knowledge on code building processes (and tools such as Grunt, Gulp and Webpack)
- You’re (somewhat) experienced on writing unit tests
- You own what you develop and always try to find the best solution available
- You can tell which UX enhancements provide most value for a user
- You are always searching for the opportunity to teach or learn something new
- You know how to solve a problem using different approaches, architectures or tools
What’s our technical stack
- We currently use vanilla JS/jQuery and React (with Redux), preferring React
- All our styles are written using SASS and following a BEM approach
- We build our code with a mix of Grunt and Webpack
- Our sites are built with AEM (CMS)
Why apply for Eurail?
- A diverse and informal organisation
- We enjoy a sound work/life balance (flexible working hours and working from home/remotely when needed)
- We have a very positive and informal environment which allows for autonomy
- Our environment is international and diverse; everyone is treated equally
- We offer an attractive salary and benefits
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company
- Office is 5-minute walk from Utrecht Central Station
Your development is important to us
Personal development is very important to us, and we invest in our people. You will have the autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan. You can follow a training course over a short or longer period, and also attend industry events. We encourage you to think beyond your own position. As an employee of Eurail, you will take part in cross-functional team projects.
1. Technical challenge - Once you’ve applied, if we’re a good match we’ll send you a technical challenge to solve.
2. Nerdy chat - If we’re impressed by your solution, we’ll invite you to review it together with our developers.
3. Team fit - When our developers give their okay, we can then understand if our expectations match and there’s a good fit with our team.
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to email@example.com, we will respond to you as soon as possible.