Content Design Intern
Are you a creative with an eye for visuals interested in learning the ins and outs of content management? Are you available for at least 5 months for 40 hours a week? Then you're a good fit for our Content Design Internship/Work Placement. As our Content Design Intern, you will create and support digital and print content for the Eurail and Interrail brands.
Eurail offers you the best of both worlds. We offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up combined with the professionality and resources of an established company.
We sell Interrail or Eurail Passes which enable our travellers to enjoy Europe’s rail network in 33 countries. We have enabled millions of travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe, and we constantly work to improve our product and brand proposition for our international customers.
We create connections that leave lasting impressions!
With our multicultural and passionate team, we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique experience for our customers, and one that they will want to repeat.
Job description and role
You’ll make it possible for our customers to experience real adventures, travel by train through Europe and meet inspiring people. In other words, you’ll contribute to an unforgettable trip, through the power of strong and engaging visual content.
Our goal is to give as many people as possible the chance to experience train travel in Europe. Our target audience is made up of people of all ages and backgrounds. We need you to help us attract and engage with these audiences by creating engaging content for our brand.
You will achieve these goals through the following activities:
- Create page visuals for our websites, Eurail.com and Interrail.eu
- Find and edit graphics, such as photographs and illustrations
- Support in the preparation of artwork for print, checking proofs or preliminary layouts for errors and making corrections
- Create layouts for new webpages
- Contribute to creative brainstorms and content ideas
- Maintain and update the company's media library
- Opportunities for collaborating with external design agencies
- Support in the preparation of banners for online publishing by using an online banner creator tool (Bannersnack)
- Support in ad-hoc requests, such as producing materials for events and fairs
- Support in video editing processes by creating motion graphics, illustrations and subtitles (previous experience working with video is a plus, but not required)
Boxes to tick
You are the Content Design Intern we are looking for if you have the following characteristics
- You know your way around Adobe Creative Cloud. Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
- You want to be part of a multidisciplinary team and get involved in creative brainstorms and the development of inspirational content
- Basic knowledge of InDesign (or willingness to learn)
- Experience in Premiere Pro and interest in video content (or willingness to learn) is a big plus
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months and can start in September 2020
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have a great eye for visuals
- You’re looking for a practical (applied) internship, not a research internship
- You’re pursuing a degree or recently graduated in Media Design, Graphic Design, Audiovisual Communications or a similar major.
If you cry out “That’s me!”, please let us know in your application when you are available to start, for how long, and if you need to carry a research thesis along your internship.
Why work for Eurail?
- Eurail is a young, ambitious and growing organization
- You’ll have the opportunity to have a visual contribution to the development of a young international company
- We offer a pleasant work environment with great colleagues
- You’ll learn, contribute and have fun to the max
- We’ll help you grow
- We have a healthy work/life balance
- We have drinks together once a month, and for the fanatics, we have a fantastic foosball table
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to email@example.com, we will respond to you as soon as possible.