Business Growth Intern
Are you a Business or Marketing student looking for a new and exciting experience? Are you passionate about travel and interested in being part of an international eCommerce Business? As our Business Management & Development intern, you will help us improve and extend our distribution channels while finding new revenue streams. You will be creating Business plans, identify and source partnerships and other new business opportunities while executing sales related campaigns.
Eurail offers you the best of both worlds. We offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up, combined with the professionality and resources of an established company.
We sell Interrail or Eurail passes that enable our travellers to enjoy Europe’s rail network in 31 countries. We have enabled millions of travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe, and we constantly work to improve our product and brand proposition for our international customers. We create connections that leave lasting impressions!
With our multicultural and passionate team, we believe that creative thinking and diversity helps to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique experience for our customers, and one that they will want to repeat.
Job description and Role
In this role, you will support the Business Team to improve sales through our direct and indirect channels. The goal is to increase brand awareness, expand the total market, and find new and alternative revenue streams. The role offers the opportunity to learn and lead on projects, allowing interns to add their flavour and style to the Eurail mix. During the internship, there is room for a study assignment and plenty of flexibility to help you manage work, study, and play.
You will achieve these goals through the following activities:
- Proactively search for sales and partnership opportunities
- Work closely with internal colleagues on several deals and new business related topics and projects
- Support the Business teams on a variety of activities
- Help ad hoc requests from across the business
Boxes to tick
You are the Business Growth intern we are looking for if you have the following characteristics
- You are currently studying for a degree in International Business Management, and are eligible for an internship;
- You are available for a minimum of five months;
- You are enthusiastic and have a proactive way of working;
- You are interested in e-commerce and the travel industry;
- You can work independently but are also a team player;
- You speak and write English fluently;
- You are accurate, structured and know how to work with Excel and Powerpoint;
- You look forward to being part of a young team but some might be just youn at heart;
- You are creative and like to think in solutions;
- And you are proactive, motivated, and have a sense of humour.
If you are thinking “that’s me! This is perfect!” please let us know in your application. Also include when you are available to start, for how long, and if you need to carry a research thesis alongside your internship.
Why work for Eurail?
- A growing, diverse and informal organisation;
- An international working environment;
- You will work in a very positive environment with helpful colleagues;
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working hours;
- Attractive salary and benefits;
- An annual training budget to be used for your own personal development;
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company.
A glimpse of life at Eurail
Excited to start your application? Here are a few things to help you get going:
- Have a read of our application tips to give your resume a boost
- Hear what our employees have to say about life here at Eurail
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond to you as soon as possible.