We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to assist us with the implementation and maintenance of our app. As a developer at Eurail, you will join our young development team, where you can make a difference by improving our codebase, processes and of course the team itself.
We are curious and innovative with a passion for travel. Our purpose is to create connections that leave lasting impressions, enabling travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe.
We love passionate people with a global outlook who share our company values, and who seeking out new ways of growing. We pride ourselves on our diversity, with colleagues from 33 countries, each bringing a fresh perspective.
We put our customers at the heart of all that we do, constantly innovating to improve our products and utilising technology to create a unique experience.
The Eurail Rail Planner app aims to be the preferred travel companion for train travel in Europe. We support our travellers with inspiration and in planning their best trip, making travel easier and collecting and sharing memories along the way. As our Android Developer, your challenge is to provide a frictionless Android customer experience in a complex global environment, with more than 30 railway carriers for timetables and tickets, benefit partners and multiple languages.
In the cross-functional app team, we depend on your assessment of our ideas and you’ll have responsibility to build the next big things; the mobile Pass, and geolocation and trip-planning based recommendations.
Your main activities will include the following:
- Develop new features for the Eurail Rail Planner Android app
- Work across disciplines with designers, content creators, product owner and test engineers.
- Active participation in planning and design decisions
Boxes to tick
You are the Android developer we are looking for if you have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive experience with native Android development in both Kotlin and Java
- Experience with Android libraries and frameworks (RxJava, Dagger, LiveData, Room)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and mobile design principles
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies related to Android development and features
- Experience with GIT (version control, github/gitlab/bitbucket/etc.)
- Experience with the Scrum Agile way of working, able to work in a cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills;
- Understand user feedback
- Able to interpret user requirements
- Able to communicate across teams and roles
- You have an EU passport or a permit to work in the Netherlands.
Why join our team?
- A diverse and informal organisation;
- An international working environment;
- You will work in a positive environment with helpful colleagues;
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working hours;
- Attractive salary and benefits;
- The opportunity to make a concrete and directly visible contribution to the development of a young company.
Your development is important to us
Personal development is very important to us, and we invest in our people. You will have the autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan. You can follow a training course over a short or longer period, and also attend industry events. We encourage you to think beyond your own position. As an employee of Eurail, you will take part in cross-functional team projects.
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to email@example.com, we will respond to you as soon as possible. The first selection will take place in the week of 24th August and the interview in the week of 31th August.