Product Management Intern
Are you a student with interest and/or experience in Product management in the travel/tourism industry? Do you thrive in a diverse, international environment? We’re looking for an enthusiastic student to join our customer value team as a Product Management Intern.
Eurail and Interrail Passes are synonymous with European rail travel and unlocking the cultural richness and diversity of Europe. Our brands have enabled millions of travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe via more than 250,000 km of interconnected railways. A Eurail or Interrail journey is a truly unique experience and we constantly work to improve pass products and offers a truly life-changing journey throughout Europe. We create connections that leave lasting impressions!
With our multicultural and passionate team, we believe that creative thinking and diversity helps to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique experience for our customers, and one that they will want to repeat.
Job description and Role
As an Intern, you would be part of an international and dynamic team that is responsible for the management and marketing of the Eurail and Interrail Passes worldwide. As part of the Customer Value Team, you would be helping to facilitate the development and life-cycle management of Passes for travel all over Europe. Within our Marketing Department you’ll be given responsibilities from day one.
- Manage and update all product-related information and communicate the information to all relevant parties
- Work on monthly product reports and other ad-hoc reports for senior leaders
- Support the team with ongoing and new Product Management projects.
- Collaborate with different departments to support the implementation of changes in the Pass Portfolio
- Assist with research and analysis on various product-and pricing-related projects
- Manage the Product mailbox and support the customer value team in answering incoming queries and requests from business partners and colleagues.
Boxes to tick
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master program in international business, economics, management or similar field
- Enrolled at a university for the full duration of the internship
- Previous work and/or internship experience is preferred (Experience in product management or tourism industry is an advantage but nor required)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal is essential. Fluency in other languages is an advantage.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) is required.
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multitask, a flexible attitude to work and strong prioritisation skills.
- Team player with a positive, hard-working “can-do” attitude
- Self-initiative and creativity
Why work for Eurail?
- Approachable and forward-thinking colleagues to support you
- A modern work environment, with a culture of open communication, trust and transparency
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working hours
- Centrally located in Utrecht city centre
- Monthly drinks to celebrate colleagues and their achievements
- Attractive monthly remuneration and possibility to take part in a mini business case to get 2 interrail passes.
- Please send your application (resume and motivation letter in English)
- Due to time constraints, only candidates who already have the right to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
- Reference to mention: Product Management Intern
- Preferred start date: 6 January 2020
- Candidates might be asked to complete a short assessment as part of the recruitment process.
Eurail B.V. is committed to cultural diversity and welcomes applications from international candidates.
A glimpse of life at Eurail
Excited to start your application? Here are a few things to help you get going:
- Have a read of our application tips to give your resume a boost
- Hear what our employees have to say about life here at Eurail
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond to you as soon as possible.