Are you a student with a passion for travel? Would you like to join the strategy team as an intern? Read on!
Eurail and Interrail Passes, available to non-European and European residents respectively, are synonymous with flexible rail travel throughout Europe, connecting both countries and passengers alike. Over half a million people of all ages use Eurail and Interrail Passes each year to experience the freedom of borderless travel and discover Europe via more than 250,000 km of interconnected railways.
While Interrail was established in 1972 for European residents, and Eurail in 1959 for non-European residents, it was more recently in 2001 that the Eurail.com sales channel was developed. With a HQ based in Utrecht, the Netherlands, a dedicated team at Eurail continuously works to improve pass products and offers a truly life-changing journey throughout Europe.
Job description and Role
This position will give you the opportunity to bring your analytical and communication skills at the next level and to get experience working in a professional, international environment. At Eurail, you will work along an international and dynamic team. Within our Strategy department, we run various projects helping our company to remain up to speed with latest developments in the travel and tourism market. Under the supervision of the Travel Business Intelligence Manager, you will contribute to the company’s competitive intelligence activities. Examples of tasks you might be assigned are:
- To map socio-economic, political and technology trends in the travel and tourism market;
- Scan, prepare and analyse statistics and data;
- Prepare presentations, infographics or other analytical tools to share competitive intelligence findings within the company;
- Provide regular updates through Eurail’s intranet, stand-ups and trends watch bulletins.
Within this area, you will also be offered the opportunity to propose your own project to develop independently, in agreement and under the guidance of our supervisor. The individual project could be adapted into a (graduate) assignment. Please indicate in your application if you are searching for a graduate assignment and what the requirements of the assignment are.
Boxes to tick
You are the intern we are looking for if you have:
- A bachelor degree, preferably with business orientation (communication or international business focus);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication, storytelling and presentation skills;
- Previous work or internship experience;
- The ability to work well independently, and as part of a team;
- A task oriented, reflective & self-starter attitude;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- The possibility to start in October 2019 for at least 32 hours per week for 5-6 months.
- Additional qualification in communication, data-driven storytelling, analytics storytelling;
- Creativity and self-initiative;
- Experience with SPSS and Dashboards would be an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint);
- Fluency in language other than English is of advantage.
Why work for Eurail?
- A growing, diverse and informal organisation;
- An international working environment;
- You will work in a very positive environment with helpful colleagues;
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible working hours;
- Attractive monthly remuneration and possibility to take part in a mini business case to get 2 interrail passes.
Application deadline: 4th October 2019
Please note, applicants must be legally able to work and live in the Netherlands for a period of 5 months or longer and enrolled at a university for the whole duration of the internship. Candidates might be asked to complete a short assessment as part of the recruitment process.
A glimpse of life at Eurail
Excited to start your application? Here are a few things to help you get going:
- Have a read of our application tips to give your resume a boost
- Hear what our employees have to say about life here at Eurail.com
Do you have more questions?
You can send questions about this vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond to you as soon as possible.