Would you like to build and develop a new department? Would you feel at home working with a flourishing online travel company with great ambitions? Then we want you for the position of interim Business Development Manager at Eurail.com!
Business Development Manager (interim)
Utrecht, 24 hours a week
About the position
Eurail.com is an e-commerce organization with three B2C websites that together generate a turnover of
60 million euro. Our goal for the near future is to increase this turnover by offering new products and selling our current products through white labels. To build and expand our new business development department, we are currently looking for an interim Business Development Manager. For this position for a period of approximately one and a half year, we are seeking a Business Development Manager with solid experience in online travel, preferably in the area of ancillary revenues and/or white labels.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop a white label option via an e-commerce platform, with which other websites and travel agencies can sell Eurail.com products:
- Create requirements for the e-commerce platform with white labels
- Generate a framework for white labels, in particular the commercial model and the legal conditions;
- Train and coaching the Business Development team in creating B2B relations;
- Build a portfolio of ancillary services (probably through an affiliate model);
- Form strategic partnerships;
- Negotiate with new partners;
- Cooperate with other departments (such as IT, Project Management and Finance) to enable the roll out of white labels and ancillary services.
Place in the team
This role is crucial to the growth of our organization. You will report directly to the Managing Director of Eurail.com, and you will supervise a Business Research Manager and a New Markets Manager.
What do we ask of you?
- A professional with a relevant higher education qualifications;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in business development (B2B) and an online travel B2B environment;
- Fluent English verbal and writing skills, and a good knowledge of the Dutch language;
- Demonstrable experience with white labels in the travel market;
- Experience with income from new sources/additional services (ancillary revenues);
- Aa good foundation of technical e-commerce knowledge;
- Working experience in an international environment is an advantage;
Who we are looking for
- An interim/self-employed manager with focus on online travel;
- You are commercially aware with good negotiating skills and substantial communication skills;
- You feel at home in a young, small organization with big ambitions;
- You are self-sufficient, motivated, and have the ability to respond positively to pressure;
- You can combine a great positive attitude with team spirit and the ability to manage a team effectively.
What we offer
- An exciting position with a key role in building a new department;
- A leadership position with the chance to contribute visibly and extensively to the development of a young company;
- Work in a dynamic international environment;
- A comfortable and informal work atmosphere.
Eurail.com is a fast growing company that sells train passes online worldwide, with which travellers can visit Europe by train for a few days or a few weeks. Our main products are InterRail passes for European residents and Eurail passes for the rest of the world.
Eurail.com offers the best of two worlds: not only we belong to one of the 50 largest internet companies in the Netherlands with an expected yearly turnover of 60 million euro but at the same time we are a small company with 30 permanent and a considerable number of temporary employees. Nevertheless, our shareholders are not that small: Eurail.com is owned by 30 European railway and boat companies.
Although we are solely located in Utrecht, we sell our products worldwide. Our largest customer base is the US, UK, Canada and Down Under. However, we are also well represented with customers from South-America, Asia and of course Europe.
Do you recognize yourself in this position and do you have provable experience in an online commercial environment? Then e-mail us your motivation letter and cv!
You can send your application to email@example.com attn. HR Manager, Marjon Schumacher, subject as Business Development Manager position.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org is you have any questions about the position.